So, I just had finals at school. And of course, instead of putting lots of effort into finals, I spent my time wisely by making covers for my book.
I’m a responsible adult.
So this is the first one. The ouroboros is thematically important, so I wanted to incorporate that into the cover.
The red scale background is for Håkon, because he’s red.
The text at the top (“Anya Kozlova and the”) has some Cyrillic in it: the Y in Anya and the N in and. I could have done more but I didn’t want to go too crazy with it.
The text at the bottom (“Dragon”) is in runes, since Håkon is from Norway. And again, the ouroboros is represented in Norse mythos by Jormungandr.
However, the dragon in the middle is not Norse, or even European. It’s Mayan, which I didn’t realize when I made that cover. So I went in search of other ouroboros dragon images, which led me to…
This cover!! I like this one more. I lost the red scale background, but I gained a page of old timey Cyrillic script (which I have no idea what it says, so I hope it’s not horrible).
The ouroboros there is part of the script, and it’s red (kinda!) so yay!
I combined the title on this cover because I couldn’t split it, but I kinda like it combined better.
So there we go, my two covers. I’m using the second one for avatars and stuff. I have no idea how I’d do the second book and make it look similar to this first cover, but I kinda don’t care at this point. I’ll figure that out later. 😀